As the parish church of Swadlincote we are called to show God’s love and seek to work for God’s kingdom in the parish, across the town of Swadlincote, and wider afield.
During 2012 the PCC adopted the following hopes and prayers for Emmanuel as an expression of God’s call to us:
- A church which is prayerful, spiritually revived and Bible-based, where there is good pastoral care, good communication and where people of all abilities are welcomed and included.
- A church which has full services on Sundays and mid-week, which are welcoming and joyful with a full age-range of people and families attending them. Good youth work, with a dedicated youth leader or employing a youth worker.
- A church with active members who share meals and their lives, with active small groups for prayer, Bible study and support. A church which runs short courses for people exploring the Christian faith.
- A church which is financially sound, with a repaired and reordered building with modern technology, and which is open during the day.
- A church which is outward looking, playing a full and active part in the community with good links with local schools, local organisations (such as Linden House, The Angel, and Oakland Village), and local places (such as Costa, the supermarkets and visitor centres).
- A church which is working together with other churches, through the Deanery, Churches Together, South Derbyshire YFC and other organisations.
We have also set up a Mission Committee to help us think about our strengths and the challenges that we are facing, and to help us hear what God is calling us to do next.